How to Clean Leather Car Seats
Opting for leather upholstery in a new vehicle instantly upgrades your Pekin drives with a luxurious feel and look. To keep your leather interior looking good and top condition, proper care is important–check out our leather seat care guide at BMW of Peoria, use BMW car care products, and contact us if you have any questions!
What Leather-Cleaning Products Should I Use?
A colorless, clean cloth or microfiber cloth slightly damp with water is ideal to gently wipe down and clean your leather seats. If a more thorough cleaning is needed, apply warm water and mild soap or specially-made leather cleaner to the cloth, or use a soft-bristled upholstery brush. Be sure to consult your owner’s manual for recommendations on your specific model.
What Products Should Be Avoided When Cleaning Leather?
- Sharp or abrasive tools that can scratch the leather surface
- Household cleaner and detergents
- Dark cloths or rags
- Furniture polish
How do You Keep Leather Seats in Good Condition?
- Vacuum Your Seats: Gently vacuum the surfaces and crevices of your seats to remove any dust, dirt, and debris.
- Clean Your Seats: Use a pH-neutral cleaning solution with a microfiber cloth and soft-bristled brush to gently clean the leather upholstery. If you have perforated leather seats, make sure the cloth is only slightly damp, to avoid excess water getting into the seats.
- Condition Your Seats: With a new microfiber towel, you can rub a leather conditioner into the seats.
- Protect the Leather: To protect the leather, keep your vehicle out of the sun around the Dunlap area by parking under a tree or in a garage. To avoid wear and tear, take sharp objects like keys out of your back pockets before sitting down, and set any cargo that may scratch the seats down on the floor.
Rely on BMW of Peoria for Your Service Needs
If you have any more questions about leather care, or want to give your BMW vehicle the star treatment, contact the service department at BMW of Peoria near Galesburg. We can get your vehicle in top condition before you head out for a day of activities in Peoria or spruced up for date night.
Learn More at BMW of Peoria
Learn More View Inventory What’s new for 2020 when it comes to the BMW X7 price and configurations? The BMW X7 price hasn’t been raised for 2020, but there is a new BMW X7 configuration–an M50i trim joins the existing two trims from 2019, with an M Performance engine and plenty of high-performance features. And…
For shoppers in Pekin or Dunlap that want a stylish, comfortable, and convenient luxury SUV, take a closer look at the 2020 BMW X5 for sale in Peoria. Find out more about BMW X5 seating capacity options, design, and technology, then contact BMW of Peoria to schedule a test drive and experience the BMW X5 interior in person….
The 2019 BMW X5 is equipped to handle daily commutes around Dunlap as well as rugged adventures, but how much can it tow? The BMW X5 towing capacity is 6,600 to 7,200 pounds for the 2019 model. It also offers a 1,290- to 1,349-pound payload capacity. New BMW X5 Inventory Contact Us 2019 BMW X5…