What is the Difference Between Used and Certified Pre-Owned?
Choosing to buy a used car, truck, or SUV or certified pre-owned vehicle is a budget-friendly way to upgrade your Pekin commute. But what is the difference between used and certified pre-owned? The short answer is that a certified pre-owned vehicle comes with exclusive benefits that are more commonly associated with a new car purchase. Learn more about the differences between used vs. certified pre-owned in this guide from BMW of Peoria.
About Used Cars
Everyone knows that a used vehicle is one that has been previously owned and driven. When shopping for a used car, truck, or SUV you’ll find that the options vary in terms of model year, mileage, and number of previous owners. One thing that all used vehicles have in common is that they come with a price tag that is significantly less than a new car.
Some things to remember when shopping for a used car include:
- While it is generally considered risky to buy a used car with 100,000 miles or more on the odometer, a high mileage pre-owned vehicle can be a great choice if it has been kept up to date on routine maintenance and care
- A used vehicle is not required by the manufacturer to be inspected before being sold. Fortunately, here at BMW of Peoria or experienced auto technicians inspect each of our used vehicles for safety and quality. That’s one of the benefits of shopping for a used car at our dealership vs. a private seller.
- With any used vehicle, you should factor the cost of maintenance and repairs into your budget, since they do not typically come with any kind of warranty coverage.
Note that in addition to carrying a fine selection of pre-owned vehicles priced under %10K, BMW of Peoria offers rotating used vehicle specials where you can find some of the best deals in the Pekin area
About CPO Vehicles
What is the difference between used and certified pre-owned vehicles? CPO vehicles must meet the eligibility standards of the original manufacturer before being offered for sale. Here’s some of the details regarding the BMW Certified program:
- Only late model BMW vehicles with more than 300 miles but less than 60,000 miles on the odometer are eligible for certification
- A multi-point 360° vehicle inspection is performed by a certified BMW technician, and any maintenance or reconditioning is completed using only genuine BMW parts
- A free CARFAX™ or AutoCheck® vehicle history report is available with all BMW Certified vehicles
- All BMW Certified vehicles are covered by the BMW Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) Limited Warranty for one year with unlimited mileage, after the original new Vehicle warranty has expired
- BMW Roadside Assistance coverage is provided for up to six years
- Special BMW Certified financing offers are available
Find Your Used or Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle Today at BMW of Peoria
Whether you choose one of our high-quality used vehicles or a Certified pre-owned model you can count on getting a fair deal at BMW of Peoria. If you plan on financing your used or CPO vehicle, our finance team can help you secure a payment plan that is the right fit with your budget. Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions.
More from BMW of Peoria
With the wide variety of electric and hybrid vehicles currently available, it’s easier than ever to find an eco-friendly option to upgrade your Galesburg commute. New models such as the BMW i4 and BMW iX, for example, can offer zero-emissions while providing dynamic performance and a slew of high-end tech features that will enhance any…
Eager to get behind the wheel of the all-new 2022 BMW iX and 2022 BMW i4 electric vehicles? We don’t blame you, These highly anticipated models promise the dynamic performance that BMW is famous for, but this time on a full electric platform. Learn more about the new BMW i4 electric four-door coupe and…
Choosing to buy a used car, truck, or SUV or certified pre-owned vehicle is a budget-friendly way to upgrade your Pekin commute. But what is the difference between used and certified pre-owned? The short answer is that a certified pre-owned vehicle comes with exclusive benefits that are more commonly associated with a new car…