BMW X1 Reliability
At BMW of Peoria, our certified service experts agree: the BMW X1 is a reliable vehicle poised to go the distance in Peoria. With proper care and routine maintenance, we expect this model to meet or exceed the national average of 200,000 miles or 11 years on the road. How can you extend your BMW X1 reliability? Get the service tips you need for a decade of safe, worry-free driving in your BMW.
Is a BMW X1 a Good Car?
Yes, the BMW X1 is a good car. Every model in the BMW lineup is designed and crafted with care, using high-quality, precision parts built for superior performance and reliability in Pekin. Some might say that BMW repairs are more expensive than other brands, but this is mainly due to the exceptional craftsmanship found under the hood, which will propel you for years to come.
Many professional studies have proven BMW reliability across models:
- J.D. Power: A 2019 study (which has been conducted every year since 1989) measured problems experienced by original owners over a 12-month period in three-year-old vehicles. BMW was above the industry average in this study, along with other German brands like Volkswagen.
- Consumer Reports: In 2018, a reliability study was done on over 500,000 vehicles to determine which vehicles can rack their mileage up with minimal issues. BMW placed as the 8th most reliable in a list of 29 brands, beating out competitors like Porsche, Mercedes-Benz, Acura, and Lincoln.
Tips for Making Your BMW Last Longer
How many miles do BMW models last? A lot of the time, your BMW X1 performance will come down to how well you maintain it in Dunlap.
Before you purchase a BMW X1, keep these tips in mind:
- Get the features you want. Your X1 will last 10 years or more, so make sure you choose the trim level and options suited for a decade of comfortable driving.
- Get the latest safety technology. Rearview cameras, blind-spot warning, electronic stability control, etc. will help you avoid accidents in Galesburg.
- Get the model you want. Do your research to ensure you’re choosing the right BMW for you. Compare the X1 vs. X3 to solidify your decision.
Once you bring home your model, extend your BMW X1 reliability with:
- Routine maintenance. Your recommended maintenance schedule is absolutely essential for preserving your X1 performance.
- Genuine BMW Parts. Only use OEM parts during repairs to increase the longevity of your car.
- Inspections between service intervals. Observe changes in how your X1 drives to pick up on warning signs and avoid greater damage down the road.
- Regular cleaning. Regularly washing and waxing your BMW X1 exterior can help prevent chipping, rust, and salt damage, and regularly cleaning the inside can reduce excess wear to the upholstery and carpets.
Find Your BMW X1 in Peoria
The BMW X1 is a reliable car for savvy drivers, so come get behind the wheel today at BMW of Peoria. Our service team is committed to your vehicle’s performance for years to come, so if you have questions, we’re here to help. Contact us to get started.
More BMW Models & Features
Ready for your next new vehicle to go in your Pekin garage? Jump into the luxury segment with an SUV thanks to the BMW X3. It has all of the luxury accouterments you expect from a world-class automaker to complement the high-performance engine and handling. Find out all the details regarding the BMW X3…
The BMW X5 epitomizes class, luxury, and high performance, whether you’re running errands in Pekin or heading to your favorite lake or camping spot on the weekends. Find out more about the 2024 BMW X5 towing capacity with this guide from BMW of Peoria before stopping by our Peoria dealership to experience the power and capability…
The 2024 BMW i7 is not your regular car–it’s an innovative revolution in electric luxury. With its advanced engineering and sustainable design, this standout BMW EV is making waves in the electric vehicle (EV) market, especially in Pekin. Prospective buyers at BMW of Peoria, a premier BMW dealer in Peoria, are keen to discover the BMW…