Guide to BMW Warning Lights: What Do They Mean?
Guide to BMW Warning Lights:What Do They Mean?
While BMW has a reputation for quality luxury vehicles, even your 3 Series or X5 might need an unexpected visit to a service center. If a warning light is illuminated on the dashboard of your BMW, your vehicle could require an inspection or repair from one of the expert technicians at BMW of Peoria. Learn what your BMW dashboard warning lights mean before setting up your next service appointment.
BMW Dash Warning Lights: Meaning
With an assortment of advanced systems, there are a variety of BMW warning light symbols you might see on your vehicle. While some warning lights indicate an issue that needs immediate attention from a professional, that may not always be the case. Some may indicate a simple problem you can fix on your own. Knowing the meaning of your BMW dash warning lights can help you decide whether a trip to a certified BMW service centeris required.
- Oil Can: This dashboard light lets you know when it is time for an oil change. You can find oil change coupons to get it done at BMW of Peoria, where we’ll ensure your vehicle’s oil and lubrication system is doing its job.
- Light Bulb: If you see this light, at least one of your exterior lights are not functioning properly. If, after changing your bulbs, the light is still on, you will likely need to visit our service center.
- Empty or Low Fuel: When this symbol illuminates you have approximately 30 miles before you completely run out. Be sure to visit a Dunlap gas station to refill the tank. Keep in mind that driving too long with the low fuel light on could lead to fuel system damage.
- Tire Pressure Monitor: If this light is triggered itmeans that one or more of your tires is underinflated. A yellow light means the tire pressure is down by about 10%, while a red light means the tire has deflated rapidly.
- Thermometer: This light could be a sign that your engine is overheating, which can be both dangerous and damaging to your vehicle. If you aren’t near a BMW service center, we recommend stopping your vehicle when it is safe so that it can cool down. You will want to make a service appointment as soon as you can.
- Dynamic Stability Control: This light isn’t one to worry about as it simply means the traction control system has been engaged. Your owner’s manual has more information about how this system works.
- Service Vehicle: If this light is yellow, it means your BMW will be due for service soon. If you wait too long before you make your appointment, the light will turn red.
- Engine: When this warning light flashes or stays on, it is important to have it looked at by a professional as early as you can.
Rely on BMW of Peoria for All of Your Automotive Service Needs
If you need assistance addressing your BMW warning light, schedule service with the certified technicians at BMW of Peoria. If you have any additional questions about your BMW warning lights, do not hesitate to contact us or stop by the dealership in person. We would be glad to assist you.
BMW of Peoria Service Specials
BMW of Peoria
1720 W. Pioneer Pkwy., Peoria, IL
Service: (309) 316-0931