Shopping for an Electric Vehicle?
With the wide variety of electric and hybrid vehicles currently available, it’s easier than ever to find an eco-friendly option to upgrade your Galesburg commute. New models such as the BMW i4 and BMW iX, for example, can offer zero-emissions while providing dynamic performance and a slew of high-end tech features that will enhance any drive in and around Pekin. In this guide from BMW of Peoria, we’ll explore the environmental benefits of electric cars and more, so you can decide if an exciting new EV is the right fit with your lifestyle and driving needs.
Benefits of Electric Vehicles
Reducing your carbon footprint is only one of the many benefits of electric vehicles. Previously electric cars were small, underpowered vehicles, but with major advancements in electric and hybrid technologies, you can enjoy the same, if not better, acceleration and performance capabilities you’d get with a traditional internal combustion engine. Some of the key benefits of electric cars include:
- Zero Emissions: Most electric cars don’t have an exhaust system so exhaust emissions are not a byproduct of the vehicle running.
- Renewable Energy: Electric cars are powered by electricity which is a renewable resource.
- Reduced Maintenance: Full electric vehicles don’t require engine oil so there’s no need for oil changes.
- Quieter Drive: One major benefit of electric vehicles that most drivers instantly notice is that there isn’t any engine noise, which makes for a more calm and serene ride.
- Performance: Electric motors are capable of producing near-instantaneous torque so you can still enjoy plenty of get-up-and-go on Dunlap-area highways.
What to Do Before Buying an EV
If you are interested in buying one of the EVs in our new vehicle inventory, there are few things you should do before you drive home in your new electric car:
- Prepare Your Garage: To get set up for home charging, research your options (Level 1 and Level 2 charging setups offer different charging times) before you have your at-home charging system installed.
- Find Local Charging Stations: Take a look at the EV charging stations already in place throughout the Midwest. Companies like PlugShare or Chargeway will have listings of charging stations if you are travelling outside the area.
- Explore Incentives: EVs are often eligible for exclusive incentives and tax credits, so make sure you look into what’s available.
Learn More About Electric Cars Today at BMW of Peoria!
The environmental benefits of electric cars, as well as their exceptional performance capabilities make them a very attractive option for Peoria drivers like you. If you’re ready to take the next steps in owning an electric vehicle, you can apply for financing with BMW of Peoria to secure a low-interest loan that is tailored to your budget. Planning to trade in your current vehicle? Use our Value Your Trade tool to get a quick estimate on how much your car is worth. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us online or stop by our dealership today!
More from BMW of Peoria
The 2022 BMW X4 facelift gives this coupe-style SUV an even more dynamic style and is sure to turn heads wherever you drive in the Pekin area. We think you’ll find that the new BMW X4 redesign projects a sporty profile that reflects its strong performance and precision handling. Learn more about the BMW…
In the past 30 years we’ve seen enormous strides in vehicle technology that have brought us to the brink of self-driving cars. Are we ready for autonomous driving? Ready or not, we’re getting very close to having fully-automated vehicles available on Pekin-area roads and beyond. When will we see the first driverless car? Experts…
With the wide variety of electric and hybrid vehicles currently available, it’s easier than ever to find an eco-friendly option to upgrade your Galesburg commute. New models such as the BMW i4 and BMW iX, for example, can offer zero-emissions while providing dynamic performance and a slew of high-end tech features that will enhance any…