What’s the 2019 BMW X5 Towing Capacity?
The 2019 BMW X5 is equipped to handle daily commutes around Dunlap as well as rugged adventures, but how much can it tow? The BMW X5 towing capacity is 6,600 to 7,200 pounds for the 2019 model. It also offers a 1,290- to 1,349-pound payload capacity.
2019 BMW X5 Tow Package
Are you considering buying a new BMW X5 xDrive40i or X5 xDrive50i near Pekin? You have the option to add the BMW tow hitch for $550. This is a Class III trailer hitch that increases the max towing capacity of the X5 to 7,200 pounds.
BMW Off-Road Towing
Planning an off-road adventure and need to tow a trailer, camper, or boat? You can add the available Off-Road package to your 2019 BMW X5 purchase ($3,950), which includes features like:
- Two-Axle Air Suspension: The X5 is able to raise and lower itself 1.6 inches when moving at low speeds with this suspension system.
- Front/Rear Underguards: Underguards provide additional protection for your SUV as you travel over rocky or bumpy terrain around Galesburg.
- Four Driving Modes: With this package you get four modes, so you can choose the best settings for the vehicle height, the all-wheel-drive system, power steering, accelerator response, automatic transmission, and more. The four modes include sand, rock, gravel, and snow.
- Electronically-Controlled Rear Differential Lock: The M Sport Differential provides the rear-wheel locking effect to improve control while turning corners.
BMW X5 Engine Options
- 3.0L Twin-Turbo Inline-6: This BMW X5 runs on this standard engine in the xDrive40i configuration. It’s paired with an eight-speed automatic transmission and delivers 335 hp and 330 lb-ft of torque. It gets an EPA-estimated 20 mpg/city and 26 mpg/highway.
- 4.4L TwinPower Turbo V8: This engine comes with the xDrive50i configuration. It’s also paired with the eight-speed automatic transmission and delivers 456 hp and 479 lb-ft of torque. It gets an EPA-estimated 17 mpg/city and /22 mpg/highway.
BMW X5 Towing Tested
While the specs are a great place to start, we know that specs can sometimes be deceiving. So we’ve pulled together some highlights of BMW X5 towing reviews so you can know that this luxury SUV is capable of what you need.
- Boating Magazine: “To put the X5’s 6,000-pound rated towing capacity to the test, I hitched up a 2’8″ Galaxie Thor deep-V sportboat riding a Trail Rite dual-axle trailer and plied the highways for a few days. The X5 performed amazing feats – it pulled more than five tons of gross combined weight and accelerated from 0 to 60 mph in less than 17 seconds.”
- Top Speed: “You’ll be able to handle steep inclines better with the d models or the 50i trim, but even the entry-level model can handle appropriate towing. Keep in mind, however, that the maximum rating is only good for a braked trailer, with unbraked capacity limited to just 1,653 pounds or 750 kg.”
- Bimmer Life even broke down a list of 5 BMW-themed things the X5 can tow.
Experience the BMW X5 Performance at BMW of Peoria
Want to know about about the 2019 BMW X5 towing capacity and performance features? Contact us with any questions or visit us in Peoria to explore our inventory and take a test drive. Looking for something a little larger or with a little more towing power? Compare the X5 to the BMW X7 or to the X3 to learn more about your BMW SUV options. You can also see what accessories are available for the latest BMW X5.
More from BMW of Peoria
Learn More View Inventory What’s new for 2020 when it comes to the BMW X7 price and configurations? The BMW X7 price hasn’t been raised for 2020, but there is a new BMW X7 configuration–an M50i trim joins the existing two trims from 2019, with an M Performance engine and plenty of high-performance features. And…
For shoppers in Pekin or Dunlap that want a stylish, comfortable, and convenient luxury SUV, take a closer look at the 2020 BMW X5 for sale in Peoria. Find out more about BMW X5 seating capacity options, design, and technology, then contact BMW of Peoria to schedule a test drive and experience the BMW X5 interior in person….
The 2019 BMW X5 is equipped to handle daily commutes around Dunlap as well as rugged adventures, but how much can it tow? The BMW X5 towing capacity is 6,600 to 7,200 pounds for the 2019 model. It also offers a 1,290- to 1,349-pound payload capacity. New BMW X5 Inventory Contact Us 2019 BMW X5…