What’s the 2019 BMW X5 Towing Capacity?
The 2019 BMW X5 is equipped to handle daily commutes around Dunlap as well as rugged adventures, but how much can it tow? The BMW X5 towing capacity is 6,600 to 7,200 pounds for the 2019 model. It also offers a 1,290- to 1,349-pound payload capacity.
2019 BMW X5 Tow Package
Are you considering buying a new BMW X5 xDrive40i or X5 xDrive50i near Pekin? You have the option to add the BMW tow hitch for $550. This is a Class III trailer hitch that increases the max towing capacity of the X5 to 7,200 pounds.
BMW Off-Road Towing
Planning an off-road adventure and need to tow a trailer, camper, or boat? You can add the available Off-Road package to your 2019 BMW X5 purchase ($3,950), which includes features like:
- Two-Axle Air Suspension: The X5 is able to raise and lower itself 1.6 inches when moving at low speeds with this suspension system.
- Front/Rear Underguards: Underguards provide additional protection for your SUV as you travel over rocky or bumpy terrain around Galesburg.
- Four Driving Modes: With this package you get four modes, so you can choose the best settings for the vehicle height, the all-wheel-drive system, power steering, accelerator response, automatic transmission, and more. The four modes include sand, rock, gravel, and snow.
- Electronically-Controlled Rear Differential Lock: The M Sport Differential provides the rear-wheel locking effect to improve control while turning corners.
BMW X5 Engine Options
- 3.0L Twin-Turbo Inline-6: This BMW X5 runs on this standard engine in the xDrive40i configuration. It’s paired with an eight-speed automatic transmission and delivers 335 hp and 330 lb-ft of torque. It gets an EPA-estimated 20 mpg/city and 26 mpg/highway.
- 4.4L TwinPower Turbo V8: This engine comes with the xDrive50i configuration. It’s also paired with the eight-speed automatic transmission and delivers 456 hp and 479 lb-ft of torque. It gets an EPA-estimated 17 mpg/city and /22 mpg/highway.
Experience the BMW X5 Performance at BMW of Peoria
Want to know about about the 2019 BMW X5 towing capacity and performance features? Contact us with any questions or visit us in Peoria to explore our inventory and take a test drive. Looking for something a little larger or with a little more towing power? Compare the X5 to the BMW X7 or to the X3 to learn more about your BMW SUV options.
More from BMW of Peoria
With the BMW X7 configurations, Pekin shoppers don’t have to choose between world-class amenities or a robust performance. The 2019 BMW X7 is a three-row Sports Activity Vehicle® that allows you to have it all. Learn more about the BMW X7 price and configurations with BMW of Peoria today. Learn More View Inventory BMW X7 Price With…
Peoria, IL is one of the larger metropolitan cities in the entire state, with an established university and tons of history that attracts visitors regularly. Whether you live in nearby Pekin or you are headed in from out of town, make your trip to Peoria memorable with this list of things to do in Peoria….
Opting for leather upholstery in a new vehicle instantly upgrades your Pekin drives with a luxurious feel and look. To keep your leather interior looking good and top condition, proper care is important–check out our leather seat care guide at BMW of Peoria, use BMW car care products, and contact us if you have any questions! Contact…